Thursday 6 November 2008

Intro one

I'm doing this for me-just for me-I don't expect a lot of readers or listeners...

This is my best Music I've Heard in 2008 -
I've done a few Lists like this in the past but never as a Blog

It's actually nonsense to have a best of list-(the best what-and for whom?)Top lists well that I can understand. Top selling singles for example are based on stats

Best of though is personal-which is why I no longer do a best of list.

Last year on a couple of forums I did try to do a list-but I found that I just can't JUST write a title -I love some of these songs-they remind me of things-events-places-relationships- the stuff that happened to me in 2008.

These factors are the back story-the whys and wherefores of why I heard that track, played it a lot of times and how it kinda helped me get through another year.

This blog gives me a chance to tell a bit of back story-I'm mindfull though of personal overshare-though I doubt anyone who does read it will understand any comments enough to take offence.

I'm not the only music fanatic-I'm one of many-my only difference is my willingness to indulge my love. But straight up-it's not important. People watch TV-talk to each other-I Mean even Games outsell CD sales (or so I've just read). Me I never play Games-Sure I've bought them-not for me of course-but yes I've spent plenty which adds to that sales figure. The notion that kids spend hours alone makes me feel uncomfortable-I mean how much meaning can you take from a Game.....

As much as you want really

No comments: