Saturday 15 November 2008

The Little Brother Tracks 1

For the last few years my best of list has included something by Little Brother-or an off shoot connection to them. Though widely acknowledged and rated in Hip Hop circles (and by people under lets say 40)-The Modern Soul World I inhabit has been very slow to catch on. In 2008 I've heard a lot of material new to me by them-including one home made collection by the California Agents Blog that is one of the very best of the year.
The legitimate release of the long overdue sophomore CD by Foreign Exchange is one of the few follow up releases that truly delivers-no best of list should exclude a track from it. My own take on LB is that they clever and often very witty. Phonte has a deliver style and vocabulary that I like and they are very melodic (given the musical genre)-they use good singers. LB also are quite commercial as in doing songs as well-and have this year reached a wider Modern Soul audience.

This track is from 2007-it came out on Jazzy J "Return" EP but I don't think it made the CD (??). It's just fantastic and I love it...

No comments: