Saturday 15 November 2008

Jean Grae-My Story

One of my very best of the year without a doubt. Perhaps the finest Gospel track of the year too-though it's not really Gospel-except.....

The Story told is about abortion from a pro-life point of view and at times it has haunting lyrics. The Chorus is chilling...

"When the rain falls down I know it's falling for me-and only for me-And when the pain comes around-no where else I rather would be-I know what I've done- Please Forgive me"

Which is real Gospel guilt...

Her reflections at the end of the song are moving

"But it's never over-even if we have a child-they could of had a brother or sister or both-I'm thinking about another life that almost got close-praying that in another time we could of changed posts-If I could reverse time I would-I don't know what I'd do?-honestly it's not good-I'm Sorry"

No comments: