Sunday 9 November 2008

Q Tip- We fight the Love

A recent upload to my Imeem Account and a back story quite typical of the loneliness of the long distance Soul fan.

I read about this track on a Forum called back2basics-
see here: http://back2basics.biz/ (As the Blog Grows-I'll make sure all these links are readable!)
I have to thank member Greg Clifford for making sure I listened and I fell for it. So I uploaded it to embed in another Forum-and did a grand post about it. I didn't get a single reply-and my file didn't pick up more than 4 plays. But it's a long game-and eventually someone will nail this track-everyone will agree-and I will feel aggrieved. I've no right too feel anything other than assurance that I'm not the only one who feels this track-but it's just not that simple. Somehow a whole lot of personal issues surface-which I can't rationalize. Putting a track "out there"-especially to the people who would I like to think have some respect for my taste-takes a leap of faith. How far that leap is depends on a lot of variables-the prime one for me is my own investment(in terms of back story).

2008 has been a year where I have contemplated how feedback gives such huge encouragement to carry on-in what frankly is always a personal quest. Feedback is addictive-and I struggle with it. This is why if you read this Blog you'll get used to reading the words "only I like this". Whenever you do read them though-be assured that the track in question is VERY important to me....

This isn't one of those tracks because people are picking up on it......

Yeah it makes no sense to me either....


No comments: